- By using the myvalet website, you agree to this Policy.
- Myvalet respects your privacy. Myvalet has adopted and its actions are directed to complying with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). Myvalet intends that this Policy protects your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Collecting personal information
- Myvalet collects personal information from visitors and subscribers to the myvalet website when it is knowingly and voluntarily submitted, including from members of the public, advertisers, contractors and business partners. For example, to provide you with myvalet services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries such as for services, newsletters or information, or to allow you to participate in activities like surveys and competitions. The personal information that myvalet collects may include, name, email address and postcode.
- If you provide personal information about another person to myvalet, myvalet requires you to inform the other person that you have done so and to give them a copy of this Policy.
- The myvalet site is hosted in Australia. If users are located outside Australia, it is a condition of their use of the myvalet site that they accept that personal information may be transferred outside Australia for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Using and disclosing personal information
- Myvalet uses the personal information it collects only for the primary purpose for which it was submitted or collected, or for other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose, unless myvalet discloses other uses in this Policy or when the information is submitted or collected. Myvalet may store personal information in its archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes.
- Other than as described in paragraphs 8 and 9 of this Policy, myvalet will not disclose your personal information unless:
a) you have consented to the disclosure, expressly or impliedly by posting it on the myvalet Website;
b) to a third party we engage to meet your request to us for products or services, or to our other partners, service providers, agents and contractors to help us provide and market our products and services to you;
c) myvalet has reason to believe that the disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging or interfering with myvalet rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed;
d) myvalet believes in good faith that myvalet is required by law to disclose it; or
e) the personal information is in or enters the public domain, other than as a result of a breach by myvalet of its duties under this Policy or as a result of disclosure by any person receiving the personal information from myvalet.
- If personal information is sent overseas by myvalet it will be on the basis that it is subject to the same systems of access and storage as apply in Australia.
- In most case, where myvalet asks you to provide information about yourself and you do not do this, myvalet will not be able to provide you with the requested product or service.
- A pixel tag is a tiny image inserted in a webpage and used to record the number and type of views for that page. Myvalet may allow third party pixel tags or other technology used for a similar purpose to be present on myvalet services for purposes of advertising, providing services, for website development, for security or to collect data and statistics, such as to track use. Some of this technology cannot be disabled entirely.
- You may be able to program your computer to warn you each time a cookie is being sent (giving you the choice whether to accept it or not), to block third party cookies or to block all cookies. However, by blocking all cookies you may not have access to certain features on the myvalet website.
- Myvalet will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep any personal information myvalet holds about you accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- In turn, the terms under which you are entitled to visit and use the myvalet site require you to ensure that any personal information you provide to myvalet is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- If you discover that any of the personal information myvalet holds about you has changed, or you consider it to be incorrect, you may contact myvalet and myvalet will take reasonable steps to have the information corrected.
- Myvalet cannot guarantee that data transmissions over the internet are secure. If you use the internet to send myvalet any information, including your email address, it is sent at your risk.
- Myvalet uses a variety of physical and electronic security measures. For example, myvalet holds all personal information that myvalet receives in secure databases and in web hosted environments that are fire-walled, and requires its employees and contractors who provide services related to myvalet information systems to respect the confidentiality of any personal information myvalet holds.
- The purpose of this security is to protect all personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, myvalet is not to be held responsible for anything arising out of unauthorised access to your personal information.
- You can request access to most personal information myvalet holds about you. If you want to do this, you must make your request to the myvalet Privacy Officer in writing. You may be asked to verify your identity and to specify what information you require.
- Myvalet may deny your request in some circumstances, or charge a fee to cover the cost of meeting your request. If myvalet decides to deny your request, myvalet will tell you why.
- Myvalet will determine how long it keeps personal information. If myvalet decides not to keep any personal information, myvalet will ensure that it is securely destroyed or de-identified.